The Maine Nordiques are proud members of the North American Hockey League. We are currently looking for Game Day Interns for the 2019-2020 Inaugural Season. Do you love hockey? Are you bright, energetic and outgoing? Looking for a hands-on experience of what running a hockey organization is like from a game day standpoint?
If you believe you would make a great fit to our team, apply now!
Job Description: The Game Operations Interns will work Maine Nordiques 2019-20 home games and assist with implementation of all game day activities at the Androscoggin Bank Colisée.
Job responsibilities: Include but are not limited to set-up/tear down of concourse, supervising entertainment groups, managing concourse activities, pre-game/post-game events, and on ice promotions. Interns may be asked to help work other community events if available throughout the season.
Employment Type: Unpaid Internship for class credit
- Assisting with promotional activities during game days
- Passing out pocket schedules and other promotional pieces in a designated area
- Referee off-ice official, and mascot liaison
- Development of game scripts
- Shows up on time with proper attire each day
- Treats coworkers and other members of the Nordiques organization with respect
- Shows focus and motivation towards assigned tasks
- Willing to learn and grow for the betterment of the organization, as well as for themselves
- Happy to assist our loyal and passionate fanbase to continuously improve game atmosphere
- Able to work all home games, be an extension of the Nordiques organization Skills/Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven skills handling multiple responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism when responding to staff, players, and fans
- Show a team-oriented mentality